Could outsourcing dental insurance billing resolve some of the issues you’re facing into OR is it something you can resolve in-house?
- At least 50% of dental claims for basic and major services are sent back to the dental office because of the lack of information submitted.
- At least 25% of the front office forgets to submit supporting documentation to insurance companies.
- At least 5% of the front office does not know how to set up accounts for patients with insurance.
- At least 15% of the front office closes unpaid claims instead of appealing them.
- At least 25% of the front office uses incorrect codes for proper billing.
Insurance is one of the biggest tensions in the office and can be the reason for much anxiety and stress for the front office team.
Outsourcing dental insurance billing is one of the excellent decisions practices have ever made to decrease stress and assist the front office to run more effectively.
The important pro to outsourcing, in general, is that it reduces additional work for your team.
When you outsource to an organization instead of having an individual managing insurance verification you have a whole experienced team functioning for you and it’s more price effective to outsource than it is to recruit a similar amount of experienced staff within your practice team.